Before you purchase your new home it is vital that you know the precise condition of your potential home or rental property. Our inspection reports are both thorough and easy to understand. Our job is to find and evaluate the visible and accessible conditions working without and within a house under the standards of practice set by current Hawai’i Standards. We cover over seventy areas and provide you with the information you need to make a competent decision. We believe the inspection process should be both informative and enjoyable and also provide information unique to each property we inspect.
The home inspection includes:
- Exterior: grading, walls, coverings, patio covers, sidewalks/driveways, soffits/fascias, doors/windows/trim, gutters/down spouts, retaining walls, fences/gates. Structure: foundation, crawlspace, posts/piers, footings/columns, floors, walls, chimneys.
- Roofing: Structure, coverings, flashing, skylights, vent/stacks.
- Electrical: Service entrance, grounding, panel/sub panels, branch circuits, outlets, gfci’s, circuit integrity.
- Heating/AC: description, combustion system, components, supply/discharge lines, venting, ductwork/registers, controls/ thermostats.
- Plumbing: main supply line, distribution lines, fixtures, vents/traps/drains, functional flow.
- Insulation: attic, walls, crawlspace, floors, lines, ductwork, air/vapor barriers.
A pre-inspection consists of a formal viewing of the property and its components before a home is put on the market. This allows the seller to repair, replace, and or update any concerns of the home. IIS will run through each area of the home including but not limited to: Electrical, Plumbing, Foundation, Water Catchment, and Structure . Consult our pricing page for costs.
Scott has worked in the construction field and also has been custom cabinet and furniture builder, and shortly after college graduation with his degree he closed escrow on his property in Paradise Park a subdivision in Hawaii one the Big Island where he constructed his 2-story house. Scott often worked with Maintenance Hawaii doing carpentry and other home repair jobs. In the beginning of 2004, Scott was offered a job as the primary residential inspector with Island Inspections. Since this time, he has completed training with the International Code Council (ICC), and with Inspection Training Associates as residential building inspector. He also performed both commercial and residential building inspections . In 2006 Scott got his certification in Environmental Assessment Training. Scott became the owner of Island Inspections in 2009 and is currently the lead inspector.
One Acre or Less
- Bronze – $395.00 – Vacant Land Inspection with a verbal Report
- Silver – $445.00 – Vacant Land Inspection with photos and summary report
- Gold – $495.00 – Vacant Land Inspection with full site report, photos – $495.00
- Platinum – $545.00 – Vacant Land Inspection with full site report, area demographics, photos, and inspection on DVD-Video
(DVD can be added to any service for $75.00)
One Acre or more
- Add $100.00 for each additional acre to the one acre base price (up to five acres)
Six Acre or more
- Prices vary according to size, terrain of lot
- Contact us for a custom quote
Eric began working with Island Inspections in 2005. He moved from Wisconsin in 2002 to finish his degree in Communications at the University of Hawaii in Hilo. Eric has over ten years’ experience in the building field, with an extensive background in building maintenance, and environmental resource industry. As director of the specialty inspections, Eric has helped establish the bank, insurance and vacant land inspection division. He is currently working on establishing Island Inspections data base and report style formatting for all specialty inspections. Eric was certified in 2006 with our other staff in the environmental assessment.
Carol works as an administrator and secretary with Island Inspection Solutions part time. She basically runs the office, answers the calls, schedules inspections, takes care of accounting, distributes reports and basically keeps the inspectors on track. Carol Jennings is currently working as an executive secretary, and she also is in charge of all the advertisement, scheduling, clerical work, accounting, and overall coordination of the department’s needs.
The draw inspection is an on-site visual investigation of the amount of work that is completed on a new construction project. The site investigation includes documenting through photography and approximate percentage completed for all work that is ongoing, material on-site, site work, and specific component evaluations on completed tasks as to the date of the site visit. We work with numerous lending institutions and can perform special investigations for tasks that are unique to the project assignment.
- Hilo Proper – $75.00
- Puna & South Hilo – $100.00
- Kau, Kona, Kohala, North Hilo – $125.00